ABOVE ALL EXPECTATIONS

Hey there homies at home.
My expectations of India and the YMAD program here have been completely blown out of the water. I didn’t know what to expect. I had heard all of these amazing from my friends and people in my group that had been before. Those stories cannot compare to the experiences that I am having for myself here. For one, India is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. I love my Utah mountains, but these Chamba ones, man they are so green and beautiful. I love it here.
I was kind of nervous to meet and teach the girls, but once I saw them my nerves disappeared. I never knew that I could love little foreign strangers so quickly. Seeing their personalities come out through playing games is one of the most special things to me. My heart is so full of love for them. Even when they are speaking Hindi and they can’t understand all our English, we have been able to build an incredible bond with all the girls. Today we were playing games and had a little break, the girls came up to me and started singing the songs that we had taught them earlier. I was surrounded by them and surrounded by their love. Little Ganisha melts my heart. She kind of latched onto me on the first day we met the girls. We were partners when we drew with chalk yesterday. She is so full of life. She is so sweet and so smart. I love all of the girls. The girls love to learn and are so smart. Today we made a craft on paper plates with tissue paper. I helped Neha. She is so creative. She kept adding colors and made it so beautiful. All the girls are such sweethearts. I love them. I wish I could take them all home with me so you all could meet them and see their personalities.
Tonight after dinner we sat and talked about YMAD. I am so grateful to be a part of YMAD. This has helped me to grow as a person and learn so much. As we talked about, we might not change the world, but we can change one girl’s world.
One thing I know for sure, my world has been and will be changed forever.
I love you all.
I want to stay here forever.

-Lindsay

Comments

Popular Posts